Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday's update... and a new video!

Hi everyone, we just got home from our daytime visit. The babies are doing well. They are all going to start receiving vitamin and iron supplements, as anemia is common for preemies. They are liquid and given orally, so IV's are not needed. Also, they're all receiving close to 1 oz per feeding -- and, so far, tolerating it fairly well. Alex has, on occasion, needed some medicinal assistance to get his, um, system moving, but they're going to try letting him handle his own business and see how it goes for a couple of days.

I'm not sure if we mentioned it before, but the babies are wearing clothes now (since they're no longer on IV's). So Daddy has a new stressor in his life, and that stressor's name is "Baby Outfits." Seriously, it's hard enough changing diapers in the isolettes, but bringing all those little snaps into play... it's not easy. But, on the plus side, they do look pretty darn cute! Hopefully at some point soon we can get some better pictures of them all dressed up, but right now they're almost always bundled in or under blankets, etc.

We finished Mr. Alex's video last night. I hope you enjoy it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well as you guess I now have had my daily cry! He is sooo cute! I guess we need to get Abby a new University of Michigan sweatshirt as I see lots of red and little maize and blue. We have three babies so we will need to learn to share. I will have to send Aunt Jaime shopping.
Love all of you!
Grandmom

Sam's mom said...

Nana's crying, too-I'm 3 for 3, Debbie-right with you!
Fine with the Hoosiers to share with U of M...just please no black and gold...at least not yet!

Great video-Samuel and Abby-and what a fine tune-lots of heritage from that one, for sure!

Love you all, Mom (Nana)

Linda Prell said...

I am so happy that the babies are all progressing so well. You are so blessed! Thank you for sharing their lives with us.

Stephanie said...

It sounds like they are all three doing so well and I am so happy to hear that for you. I am so glad that I followed the link to your blog.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you, Sam and Abby. Glad to see everyone is progressing well. We really enjoyed the videos -- what a great keepsake to have of this time!