Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The boys are moving

Good news today: the boys are moving to semi-private rooms, as opposed to being out in the open. I think this will make it easier to visit with them. Lila is keeping her spot, which is just outside those rooms. I think they'll move her in at some point as well. We learned a few new tricks today, such as how to keep the temperature up in the isolettes when we open the little doors/airlocks/whatevers. We also had a whopping 4 chances to change diapers. Also, all their feedings are being increased, so hopefully their weights will really start to increase. A heck of a day.

New triplets moved in to the NICU today. Abby knows their mom. All we can say is, congrats to the now-family-of-5, and we hope your kids have a calm, uneventful stay in the NICU. We're learning that this is the mantra of the hospital. You don't want any drama, just a nice, uneventful stay. That's what we're hoping for A, B & L, and it's what we hope for the new triplets and all the other babies, too.

We have received many wonderful gifts, e-mails, posts, phone calls, telegrams, cards, texts, Facebook statuses (statusi?) and packages in the last few days. Thank you to all of you for your kindness and generosity. What's that? Oh fine, there were no telegrams. That was a lie. Seriously, will someone please send me a telegram? Just once in my life, I'd like to get one. My kingdom for a telegram!

Lastly, here's my first attempt at posting a video. I shot this last night. It's just a little clip of my little LJ. We're going to try and post more video soon (yes, of the boys!) Until next time.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the video. Your blog updates are great! Can't wait to meet them!
Love Aunt Jaime

Anonymous said...

Oh Sam. I'm sure the nurse is great, but I suppose once a mother worries about supporting "The Head," I guess she's destined to ALWAYS worry about that--even with other people's babies!

What terrific tools you have to capture this time for your kiddos!

Mary

Anonymous said...

The video brought tears to my eyes (surprise, surprise!) I've been gone one day and can't wait to see them again. Waiting anxiously to see the videos of my grandsons!
Love and Kisses,
Grandmom

Sam's mom said...

Grandmom Debbie and Nana Bonnie are really something.....I cried more watching the video than I've cried all week! Great job, Samuel! Thanks for all of the good news and for thoughtfulness for all of the other families and their babes, too! Happy one week birthday to our dear Lila, Alexander, and Brandon, and to Sam and Abby, too! Much love, Mom (Nana)

Anonymous said...

Happy One Week Birthday to Alexander, Brandon & Lila Joy. . . Ohhhh how we enjoyed the video of LJ, she is just precious. Looking forward to seeing videos of the boys.
Take Care & Love to all,
GGPa John & GiGi Yvonne

Stephanie said...

That is so sweet. She is so tiny, and beautiful. I am so glad that you shared. Happy the boys are being moved and hope Lila is able to join them soon.

Anonymous said...

It is really great how you keep all of us so far away so well informed. It just wonderful how we get to see there progress and keeps us close. I can't wait till I get to see them. You guys are great.
Love,
Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

W-O-W! Thank you for sharing your beautiful daughter with us. Joanie

Anonymous said...

Wow WOW echoed... Sam you got me crying .....Uncle Jay

Anonymous said...

Sam,

My first thought was that Status is from Latin, so the plural should be Stati, but when I looked it up, I found Statuses to be the correct spelling. So, now you know (and so do I).

Videos are super - wish we had something like that 30 or so years ago. Kids and Abby look healthy. Really don't get this crying stuff unless its because you missed the 2008 deduction (times 3).

Burt

Anonymous said...

They are all so precious! And sooo tiny! Congratulations!! I LOVE the names, too!

Karen