Monday, January 12, 2009

How to lose 33 lbs in 5 days

Momma here. I am finally starting to feel like myself again and want to let everyone know that I am doing much better. The past 5 days have been a whirlwind. I never expected the doctor to come in my room on Jan 7 after looking at my labs and tell me we need to deliver...now. If it was not for a late lunch they would have wheeled me right into the OR. But, because my tummy was full the anasthesiologist insisted on waiting 6 hours. So, that gave us a little while to "digest" the news.

I the c-cection went quickly and although I did not get to see the babies right after they were born, I did get to hear each one cry as they came out. Later that night, they wheeled me through NICU to see everyone. Unfortunately, I did not get to see the babies all day Thursday because I had a fever (spiking a 102.6 degree fever post-surgery is a good way to scare your doctors). Thankfully the fever was not related to any infection... just a reaction from surgery. I'm starting to feel more like myself -- I've lost 33 lbs in 5 days! Most of it was water from the pre-eclampsia. And, of course, 10 pounds of babies!

Today we spent a lot of time at the hospital. I've now been able to hold all the babies. Today I held Lila for about 90 minutes! Alex and Brandon both got their PICC lines today. They didn't like it very much but eventually the staff got the lines in. Now they won't have to have new IV sites all the time. That's all for now, we're heading back to the hospital soon. Thank you to everyone for the flowers, warm wishes, prayers, positive thinking, etc.
Me holding Lila today.

8 comments:

Linda Prell said...

Beautiful Mom, Beautiful Daughter. I am glad that everything is going so well.

Linda

Anonymous said...

You look incredible and so happy. Good to hear that you are feeling better. Hugs and kisses. Kathryn

Anonymous said...

You look so great Abby!! And baby Lila too!

Anonymous said...

You look so great Abby!! And baby Lila too!

Scott and Jen said...

Abby, you look so happy to be holding Lila. I am glad that you are feeling like yourself again and now you can spend time with your new family! Enjoy

Sam's mom said...

Oh, my goodness.....each picture, each day, each experience is more blessed than the one before. You and Lila are both beautiful, dear Abby! As my Grandma Fuson would always say, "I love you a bushel and a peck!" Nana Smith

Stephanie said...

You look amazing. I am so happy that you are able to hold your babies and that things are going well.

Anonymous said...

AAbby, Logan has two words to sum it up : "YOU ROCK, and so does Lila!" (He digs chicks.) Love, Joanie