So, barring any changes, Lila will be home with us in just 2 days. It looks like it could still be a week to 2 weeks for the boys. This would not be uncommon, as it's widely known that preemie girls do better than preemie boys. Brandon is not quite 4 lbs yet, and Alex is just over 4 lbs. Both are making steady progress but have not yet come out of their isolettes. It's amazing to think that you can bring home a baby that's only about 4 lbs and just 34 weeks (gestational age). Needless to say, I've already outfitted the house with enough hand sanitizer to last us until the kids graduate high school. Did I mention I'm slightly germaphobic? Not like Howard Hughes germaphobic, but I did wash my hands about 15 times before I finally got the turkey in the oven last Thanksgiving.
Actually my paranoia serves a purpose. The doctors explained that preemies are especially susceptible to something called Respitory Syncytial Virus or RSV, which is prevalent during the winter until early spring. So I was online ordering hazmat suits for all visitors... okay, just kidding. Hand washing and Purell will be sufficient.
We're really excited to have her home. It will be hectic with one kid at home and two in the NICU, but we'll manage (with help)!
9 comments:
On a serious note, as an ER doctor, RSV is a big deal. So hand washing and limiting the amount of visitors is a BIG deal.
Love,
Dr Jaime
Girls rule, boys drool...LOL
That is such wonderful news Abby! I'm so happy that Lila will be coming home this weekend! Yes as Kris says - Girls Rule!! haha.
Good idea on the hand santizer, but just be sure to slather your hands in body butter or shea butter at night and put gloves or socks over your hands so your skin doesn't get chapped in this horrible winter air!
RSV is horrible stuff. I know of two babies that have it right now. Both cases are horrible and I hear that if they get RSV, they are likely to get ear infections. So yes, be super safe. I wouldn't take them out because they could pick it up anywhere (Walmart, grocery store, etc).
So exciting that Lila is coming home!!! My baby brother died because his lungs weren't developed. My mom went into labor at 7 months. The doctors said if he were a girl, he probably would have made it...
Hi Abby and Sam!
This is Jennifer Driscoll. I so look forward to photographing your three little bundles! Please keep me posted on when all the kids are home and ready for some photo time. I can come to you to make things easier. They are adorable!! Congratulations!
Jennifer
www.photosbyjennifer.com
Oh, what wonderful news. . . Lila JOY going home and soon the boys will be joining her. They are three very precious great-grandbabies.
Love youse,
Great Grandpa John & "GG" Yvonne
OKIE DOKIE, here we go! Glory be! Help is on the way! Love, Mom/Nana
OKIE DOKIE, here we go! Glory be! Help is on the way! Love, Mom/Nana
Grandmom is on her way. This is going to be a very long airplane ride for me thank goodness I was able to get a nonstop. Bonnie get the tissues ready! I haven't held any of them yet.
Love,
Grandmom/Mom
Post a Comment