Monday, March 30, 2009

Who are you, small child? And what have you done with our Alex?

It was a banner night, as Alex slept from about 11:30 p.m. until 7:30 a.m. this morning. While this was not unwelcome, it was unexpected.

I hypothesize that, at some point in the time-space continuum, Future Alex is working on his Ph.D. and has sent a Cyberdyne Systems' InfantBot 3000XL back in time to record the kids' early, formative months. I can not yet guess as to how this information will benefit Future Alex, but we may come to find out at his commencement ceremony.

Present Alex is probably safely ensconced in a bubble of frozen time-space, to be released and re-inserted into the continuum at a predetermined moment.

Future Alex's only flaw (there's always one, isn't there?) is that he should have programmed the InfantBot to wake up at least twice in the middle of the night, cry like a tornado siren, and spit up at least once. Details, details.

Only time will tell if my hypothesis comes true. But if I'm right, and if Future Alex has access to this blog archive and is reading this message, I hope he'll at least send back some useful information next time. Will IU ever win another NCAA title? Will the Cubbies ever reach the Series? (Notice I said "reach.") Will I ever get the lawn as green as the ones on the Scott's commercials or am I just wasting my time??

At this point, I should mention a few things:
1. I watch too much television.
2. Actually I don't watch as much as I used to, but what I do watch tends to lean away from the traditional.
4. Also, the cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation was on Family Guy last night.
5. I own the Back to the Future box set.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

BigP's Heather said...

You and my husband would get along famously.

Glad you got a good nights sleep.

fornow said...

Before I even got to the bottom of that entry, I was going to comment "Sam, you're watching too much LOST."

Sam's mom said...

Great writing, Samuel! And please don't forget, the finale of "ER" is Thursday from 9-11 PM (yes two hours!) .... another "end of an era" kind of thing. You know mom is sentimental.....Love to all, Nana