Wednesday, July 29, 2009

babyfood making

Things have been mad crazy busy in the Perry house lately. Sam has been busy with his new job role and I have been in meetings downtown all week for a new drug my company will be launching. Plus, Grandmom Deb left Sunday so we are on our own at nights again. Nana Bonnie has been nice enough to be here most evenings to help out these 2 sleepy parents.

Last Sunday our friends Kathy, Ryan, and Andrew came for a visit. If you have not yet, please feel free to check out their blog Kathy and Ryan . We met them in the NICU as their Andrew's isolate was right next to our Lila's. NICU parents share a special bond, that is for sure. We spent sometime Sunday reminiscing about how scary it all was, all the beeping monitors, and all our favorite nurses. Then, Kathy and I made baby food. Fun and not to hard, I would like to do it again, but am finding it hard to find the time.
Below is our mess (thank you Leila for the baby-cook, very easy to use and little clean-up, hurray)

Also, a few weeks ago my cousin Rebecca got married and I got to leave the triplets at home and see some family members, including my 97 year-old grandfather. We had fun taking him out of the nursing home and boy did he have fun.... Plus, he told everyone he is 100! But, I guess when you are 97 that is allowed. Anyhow, I promised him I would put his picture on our website.
From L to R - Abby (me), Papa Hyman, Grandmom Deb, my brother Brad, and sister Jaime. What a good looking bunch :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful family picture! I am so blessed to have had my family all together to celebrate. Papa is amazing and I know he enjoyed seeing all his grandchildren together.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture of all of you! A wonderful one to have!It brings back great memories of the last 47 years of your Mom and mine friendship and family bond we all share. No one can ask for a better family then what all of us has together as one family that we have become.Love,Aunt Nancy

Kathy said...

It was fun :) So we tried sweet potatoes...I think Andrew takes after Ryan and I...not a fan ;)

You look really pretty in that picture!