Monday, July 6, 2009

What a fun 4th!

We had a great 4th with many visitors/helpers around. Grandmom Deb, Charlie, Uncle Brad, Aunt Alyssa and Aunt Nancy all came from sunny Florida to rainy Indy to celebrate. Also, Aunt Jaime, Uncle Stan, The Pugs Millie and Gertie, and Cousin Mara came from Chicago. Don't worry, they did not all stay with us... just most of them :-) We are sad to see all the help go... we love having our family around. Plus, Grandmom Deb did ALL our laundry, and that is a lot!

Alex Bear loves Aunt Nancy.


Grandmom Deb and a semi-naked Brandon.


Aunt Jaime and Lila are pretty in pink.


Cousin Mara and Alex Bear.


Uncle Brad and Alex snuggling. Looks like Alex got held the most... probably because he spits up the least.


Oh, and there were cupcakes. I have been getting a lot of questions about the cupcakes and how I find the time. All I can say is I find it completing relaxing and a good way for me to wind down. Typically the cupcakes are baked, frosted and decorated on separate nights by a tired Mommy after the trips are down for the night. Anyhow, I have a nice burn on my arm from this last batch. Ouch.

3 comments:

George said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful holiday...and that cupcake looks way too yummy...great job!

Nancy said...

What a wonderful time we all had together. Being with family always makes things better. As far as Alex being held the most, that just seemed to be the times we remembered to take out the camera. I think they were all held pretty much equally from all of us!Let's face you checked everyones suitcases, purses,etc. on the way out to make sure no one took anyone home with them. And despite the rain what fun we had at Bonnie and Ernie's.I miss you all! Aunt Nancy

Kathy said...

It is amazing that you have the time to do this :) I'm finding more time to cook too, but I'm only working part time and have one baby! Anyway, I agree, it's a nice break and you need to something for yourself once in a while! :)