Well, it was no Big Kahuna Burger, but I think Jules would agree that St. Vincent's Women's Hospital does serve up one heck of a cheeseburger. No joke. Now, you might be thinking, "Sam, you're just saying that because you spent 3 nights on a foldout chair and your expectations weren't that high." I know, I'd be thinking the same thing. But I can promise you that, as a cheeseburger connoisseur, this really was a tasty burger. Tasty enough that I ate 3 of them in less than 72 hours. So, if there was a silver lining to Abby being hospitalized for 4 days -- and I'm not saying there is, but if there was -- it would have to be the cheeseburgers. Technically, I ate 2 on Saturday alone (one just after midnight and one for lunch). Who does that? I do, my friends. I do.
Long story short. Abby began feeling sick on Thursday. We gave it a day, but by Friday evening she was still running a fever that was pushing 101. We paged our doctor, and he asked us to come to the hospital right away. Ultimately they determined that she had a kidney infection. So they put her on IV antibiotics late Friday night. We had an ultrasound early on Saturday morning and, as we expected, mystery baby A and boy babies B & C were bouncing around like Milo when the doorbell rings, quite oblivious to the situation around them. At no point during the stay did the doctors and nurses express concern for the babies' health, provided that Abby stayed put and kept up her meds and fluids. Which she did. I mean, I tried to convince her to road trip to the Colts game with me, but she wasn't having it (she's always been the practical one).
Abby steadily improved and was released on Monday afternoon. So we're back home now -- tired and looking forward to seeing Milo, who has been staying with Bonnie & Ernie and, apparently, causing just a bit of trouble (shocking). Abby seems to feel like herself at this point. Tired, but triplets will do that to a girl. If all goes well, it will be quite a few weeks before I have another opportunity to enjoy a delicious hospital cheeseburger.
4 comments:
Hi Abby & Sam! SO good to hear that you are feeling better. It brings back memories of an infection I had right afer I moved to Indy. What made it even memorable was the trip to the Emergency room followed by a shot in the rump from a very young & cute resident. Sam - Logan is very impressed by your burger intake and is probably secretly wishing for an excuse to head to St. Vincent Hospital. I guess will have three excuses in a few months :)
XO, Aunt Joanie
Had no idea Abby was in the hospital! Glad everything is going well now. Hope to see you guys soon!
That is scary! Glad all is well with the babies. :)
Sam, thanks for sharing this with us. You are so smart to document it all while it's fresh--20-30 years later, it's amazing the amount of detail that fades!
I look forward to continuing to follow your blog, since we never have time to TALK at work!
Best,
Mary
Post a Comment