Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Dr. Donahue, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Cyborgs
When tell people you're having triplets, they often ask if multiples run in your family or if you sought the assistance of a reproductive endocrinologist. (Sometimes they just say "fertility drugs," as if you can buy them from the kid three houses down who drives the IROC-Z with the tinted windows, but I digress.) I think these are perfectly reasonable questions and, goodness knows, I'd ask them too. But my favorite is, "Are they natural?" As much fun as it would be to tell you that these kids were the precursors to the Cyberdyne Systems models of James Cameron's dystopian future -- actually, that would be rather hard to explain and sort of a bummer -- the reality is that they are, in fact, natural. It's all our DNA, we promise. Our DNA and the best science we could get our hands on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like to say, "Well, they're not made out of that new space-aged polymer, if that's what you're asking!"
Post a Comment