It's been nice to have a few extra days off with the kids. I'm sort of looking forward to the relative predictability of the office, as opposed to the complete unpredictability of... kids chasing the dog, kids pulling each others' hair, kids eating paper, kids not napping, dogs eating bottles, dogs eating toys. On the flip side, I haven't had any meetings since last Wednesday, and I can tickle the kids. I can't tickle my co-workers. I mean, I can, but I probably shouldn't. If I do, this blog will likely take a clear, "I'm looking for a job" slant.
Also, having another adult in the house is like a drug. Abby's mom was here for a full week. She headed back to Florida on Saturday. So now we're in withdrawal. I'd write more if my eye wasn't twitching so much. Abby's dad and brother are coming this weekend -- heads up gents, guests get first watch with Alex and Brandon, and those boys like to haze the house guests.
So, Thanksgiving was great. Nana and Papa hosted a whole host of guests. The kids got to try pretty much everything. I think pumpkin pie and persimmon pudding (a family tradition on my dad's side) seemed to go over the best. Here's a recipe you can try. It's probably not exactly my family's recipe, but it looks pretty close.
Here's a pic of the kids in their Thanksgiving outfits :-)
1 comment:
I still go to sleep listening for babies!! Counting the days until I see them again.
Love,
Grandmom Deb
Post a Comment