Wow, I am 26 weeks today. I forgot to mention, but 2 weeks ago we hit our first goal of the pregnancy which was 24 weeks. 24 weeks is considered viability. The survival rate for babies born at 24 weeks is anywhere from 30-50% and most of these babies do end up having some type of disabilities. So, our next goal is to get to 28 Weeks. At 28 weeks the survival rate jumps to over 90% and the risk of long term disabilities goes down significantly. And of course our ultimate goal will be to get to 34 weeks. Things are looking pretty good on the contraction front. I typically have 0 to 2 for each hour of contraction monitoring. My Doctors set a threshold of 5 an hour before I have to start on any anti-contraction medication. Actually, they are pretty surprised that I am not on anti-contraction medication at this point... most triplets Mom's are.
I am experiencing high blood pressure. This has been going on for a few weeks and my doctors are watching it closely. As long as I do not develop any of the other signs of Pre-eclampsia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-eclampsia
I should be okay.... Otherwise the duration the the pregnancy could be spent chowing down on cheeseburgers at St. Vincents. As much as I do love those cheeseburger, I would much rather be at home. Anyhow, my blood pressure seems to come down if I lay on my left side, so that is what I spend most of my time doing these days. That and eating. The other night I was so hungry after dinner that I decided to have a healthy snack of some fruit. That turned into eating a banana, a pear, an apple, and a orange. Wow, I ate the whole fruit bowl. I guess the babies are needing some vitamins! Back to the Doctor on Thursday.
5 comments:
Glad to know you're doing great! I just hit 24 weeks on Saturday, so we're pretty close together.
Hilarious about the fruit bowl- I ate a ton of green apples the other day. I think I was craving the fiber, if you know what I mean! :)
Just want you to know that I am happy you are at 26 weeks and counting. We keep up with your progress through the blogg and Ernie and Bonnie. Also glad the babies are keeping you entertained with pushes and kicks while you are "lying around." Love, Marty
You're doing great! At 26 weeks I was on HUAM, Procardia, and Terbutaline, and I started Indocin a couple weeks later. So you're doing FAB!
Also, at 26 weeks, I still couldn't keep any food down. So, really? You're PERFECT! :) So proud of you.
Good luck with everything. I'm thinking of you and checking on you. Email me if you need anything.
I can't wait to see you next week, although I know my "mommy do list" continues to grow, especially when you requested that I bring my GPS with me! I can't wait to hear all those little hearbeats.
Love you!!
Mom
Christmas stockings!
In anticipation of all of the new arrivals in your family, Sam, Grandpa Wayne and Grandmother hung a "?" stocking. Tradition continues as "Papa" (he likes this name!) and I have that very "?" stocking and two more waiting for Santa and babies A, B, and C!
Love you, dear Abby, Samuel and A, B, and C!
Grandmother Jr/Nana and "Papa"
Post a Comment